I heard a story on the radio talk about how people in some part of the US were collecting rain water in huge barrels because there was a water ban.
Then I thought, well, how could you use this harness water in other ways to make $. As you can imagine, it's hard, but here's what I came up with: Use collected water to make a hydroelectric generator. and as a bonus To get exercise, refill water container manually
So can you see yourself doing this?
1. go here and build your own generator http://www.re-energy.ca/t-i_waterbuild-1.shtml
2. Install pipe on your deck that goes down to the generator.
3. When it rains, your cell phone gets charged
4. After it rains you carry buckets of rain water up to the top of your deck, and pour it down the pipes to simulate rain so you can charge your wife's cell phone battery
5. Brag to your friends about how smart you are and how big your muscles are from all that exercise!
See the figure on the left for detailed design information. Enjoy!